CBS is considering dropping Trump censorship suit to save Paramount merger.

A law professor cited by CBS News said Donald Trump filed a $10 billion lawsuit over the editing. 60 minutes Interview with Kamala Harris “…the evidence is so lacking that it’s close to being sanctionable as frivolous.” But now wall street journal Executives at Paramount Global, CBS’ parent company, reported discussing a lawsuit settlement “as they explore options to reduce friction with the incoming administration” ahead of a government review of its merger with Skydance.

The paper reported that the new FCC chairman and top censor, Brendan Carr, warned executives that the president’s complaints about CBS News last year would make the review more difficult. He also expressed those views publicly in a Fox News interview in November, when he said: “…CBS got the deal before the FCC. “I am confident that any news distortion complaints about the CBS 60 Minutes transcript will likely arise in the context of the FCC’s review of that transaction.”

The lawsuit states that by airing two differently edited versions of Harris’s answers to questions about the war in Gaza, “CBS used its national platform on 60 Minutes to pass off a deceptive and deceptive manipulation of the news in an exercise of judgment on reporting.” He claims. .”

But instead of defending free speech against Trump’s accusations and the lawsuit, which the network said was false and completely meritless, Paramount is considering following the example of Disney and tech oligarchs who lined up for the inauguration like Mark Zuckerberg.

The owner of ABC News agreed in December to pay $15 million to President Trump’s foundation and the museum to settle a defamation suit. Zuckerberg veered Mehta’s policy sharply to the right during his meeting with Trump, which prompted Trump to call Facebook in 2021 “for the platform’s suspension of Trump’s account following the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.” and Zuckerberg.”