
Medical staff at an Indonesian hospital in northern Gaza told Reuters that Israeli forces stormed the school and detained the men before setting the building on fire.
Palestinian media also reported that at least 10 people were killed Monday after Israeli shelling hit a school for displaced people in the Jabalia refugee camp, a densely populated urban area north of Gaza City.
Graphic videos of the aftermath posted online by Gaza’s Hamas-run civil defense agency and local journalists showed at least four bodies, including children and women, lying on the floor inside the tent camp.
The Israeli military said it was verifying the reports.
Cogat, the Israeli military unit that manages traffic through Gaza, also announced that 41 aid trucks and six fuel tankers had been transported north over the past day., externalAnd that the UNICEF mission was able to deliver the polio vaccine north.
Cogat also said 600 truckloads of aid were waiting for collection and distribution at various intersections, most of which were handled by UN agencies.
The United Nations said no aid was allowed into northern Gaza during the first two weeks of October, when Israeli forces launched attacks in Jabalia and surrounding areas.
The United Nations’ acting humanitarian chief said a “small amount” of aid had been allowed until last week after the United States warned Israel in a letter that it risked some military aid being cut off if it did not urgently increase access within 30 days.
On Monday, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said it had been requesting Israeli authorities access to Jabalia-Fallujah for four days but had been denied.
OCHA also shared a video pleading for help from a Jabalia resident who said he was one of 32 people buried beneath the building., external Destroyed in an airstrike on Friday.
“There were 18 of us who showed up. Fourteen people, including young children, remain in the rubble. They are 2, 3, and 4 years old and are also female. They are under the rubble. living. They begged me to save them, but I could not,” Shamekh al-Dibes said.
Meanwhile, a representative of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), who recently visited the Gaza Strip, said that the suffering of the estimated 400,000 North Korean residents is “unimaginable.”
“Intense fighting and evacuation orders are tearing communities apart. Some are desperate to leave, but many cannot, especially the elderly, the sick and the disabled. Other accommodations that we believe are unsafe elsewhere,” Stephanie Eller said in the video., external.
“Hospitals are struggling with too many patients and lack of fuel, electricity and water supplies,” he added. “People need food, water, medical assistance and, above all, a break from ongoing hostilities.”
Hadil Obeid, a senior nurse at an Indonesian hospital, also near Jabalia, said the hospital had had its water supply cut off and no food for four days in a row. She also said the hospital needs permission from the Israeli military to operate generators.
Israel launched a campaign to destroy Hamas on October 7, 2023, in response to its unprecedented attacks on southern Israel. The attack left approximately 1,200 people dead and 251 taken hostage.
More than 42,000 people have since died in Gaza, according to the Hamas-run health ministry.