
Jake Paul has revealed that discussions are continuing about a potential fight with Anthony Joshua next year.
This is an unlikely matchup, considering the social media star is an inexperienced professional fighter and a much smaller man.
In contrast, Joshua is not only an Olympic gold medalist, but also a former unified heavyweight world champion.
AJ has not boxed since his KO loss to Daniel Dubois in 2024, but his team is considering plans for a return and options for next year.
There’s a debate going on with Jake Paul claiming it’s a plausible bout.
“It’s 100% possible,” Paul said. sky sports. “Our team is already discussing and working to make this happen next year.”
This is the fight he is targeting next. “It will be fun to face Anthony Joshua after this fight (against Gervonta Davis on Nov. 14),” he said.
“It excites me to take enormous risks, take enormous challenges, and go into fights that no one thinks I have the slightest chance of winning.”
Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn did not rule out a fight with Paul, but he said, “I can’t do that fight until you fight Gervonta Davis in this exhibition.”
“If you get a chinlock from Gervonta Davis, don’t think you’re fighting Anthony Joshua. That’s ridiculous. If we’re going to make the (AJ) fight, we’d rather not make that fight,” Hearn previously said. sky sports.
“We certainly have no intention of holding out for a fight with Jake Paul. We are making our own plans and that date will be January (or) February 2026.”
Paul also believes he can win the cruiserweight world title against WBC champion Badou Jack.
“I would say it’s very likely, the stars have to align and he has to take the fight coming and win it,” Paul said. sky sports.
He added, “People always have something to say.” “What I want is not recognition of the truth.
“At the end of the day, I just want to be a world champion, win the fight and move on with my life.”
What is AJ’s next choice?
If he doesn’t fight Jake Paul, Sky Sports’ Andy Scott considered what other options were for Joshua.
Hearn confirmed Joshua wants a prep fight before attempting a much-anticipated Tyson Fury grudge match in 2026.
In no particular order, let’s pick out some of the candidates who could join the tune-up fray.
Guido Bianello: The Italian picked up a win over undefeated Canadian Alexis Barriere and then Arslanbek Mahmudov. He also has an established profile in the United States. At 6-foot-6, he could serve as a good warm-up for Fury.
Arslanbek Mahmudov: Russian Lion received an Instagram message from AJ offering to fight Dave Allen if he beat him, which he did. He has only lost to Agit Kabayel and Vianello and is a powerful puncher with 19 knockouts in 21 wins.
Justice Huni: The Australian, who is AJ’s Matchroom Promotions stablemate, was in complete control against Fabio Wardley at Portman Road before the Briton found his chance to close the show.
Joe Joyce: “The Big Juggernaut” has not fought since losing to Filip Hrgovic in April and is nearing the end of his career, but this fight will bring together two GB Olympic medalists.
Deontay Wilder: He has a profile and a name, but his recent form is not good. Will Wilder be financially ‘prepared’? That too is a question worth thinking about.
Tony Yoka: Joshua was one of the names floating around the internet just a few months ago when he was involved in a fight in Ghana. The Frenchman won an Olympic gold medal despite his amateur abilities and trained under Don Charles. His professional career fell short of his potential.