
North Korea arrested the fourth civil servant due to the failure of the launch of a new warship that angry with the national leader Kim Jong -un.
RI HYONG-SON, deputy director of the State Council’s military agreement industry, said last week, “responsibility for serious accidents.” KCNA said Monday.
The 5,000 -ton destroyer shakes and damaged the hull in the description of “seriously damaged the dignity and pride of the state” and “crime.”
KCNA said that ships are being repaired according to the will of expert groups.
RI, a member of the party’s Central Military Commission, is the highest level of civil servants arrested for the case.
The Commission is responsible for ordering Korean troops and developing and implementing North Korea’s military policy.
During the weekend, Pyongyang detained three officials at the Northern Hoejin Shipyard to build a destroyer and failed to launch.
The officials were senior engineers, construction and managers.
Kim said the Wednesday incident was caused by “absolute carelessness, irresponsibility and non -scientific empiricism.”
The punishment they can face is not clear, but the authoritarian state is known to a civil servant who was convicted of forced labor and even the fault of death.
It is rare for North Korea to openly disclose local accidents, but after the failure of satellite launches, this work has been done several times in the past.
Some analysts believe that Kim’s rapid and serious response is a sign that Pyongyang will continue to develop military capabilities.
Such criticism of dictatorship is “not surprising,” but Korea’s special forces commander Chun in-Bum said that it is rare for the national media to report publicly.
“I may be a sign of confidence and elasticity,” he said.
“With these new ships, North Korea seems to be seriously trying to challenge the sovereignty of the southern part.”
Michael Madden, a North Korean expert at Washington’s Stimson Center, sees Kim’s reaction as a sign of “priority.”
He may have caused public officials from “trying to do too much work at a time”, he said.
Last week, shipyard accidents occurred a few weeks after North Korea revealed similar warships in other regions.
Kim said the warship was called “breakthrough” in the North Korean naval modernization and would be deployed early next year.